[Check_mk (english)] active check on a cluster
Add Reply
Eric Gurevitz
2018-06-14 14:43:07 UTC
Hi All,

I wrote an active check that runs from the check_mk server:

check_slick.py -H $HOSTNAME$ -P 27102

I made a WATO rule to assign this to the 3 license servers. It works.

I cannot find how to add my active check to a cluster. Is this possible?

Thank you,
Eric

Eric Gurevitz
IT Engineer, Staff
X530818
Mobile: +972-52-593-7432
Andreas Döhler
2018-06-14 20:45:08 UTC
Hi Eric,

With cluster do you mean a cluster object defined inside WATO?
If yes then you can assign the job in the same way as you assign it to the
real host objects.
The cluster object name is the same as the normal host name for rules.

Best regards
Andreas
Post by Eric Gurevitz
Hi All,
check_slick.py -H $HOSTNAME$ -P 27102
I made a WATO rule to assign this to the 3 license servers. It works.
I cannot find how to add my active check to a cluster. Is this possible?
Thank you,
Eric
Eric Gurevitz
IT Engineer, Staff
*X5*30818
Mobile: +972-52-593-7432 <+972%2052-593-7432>
Eric Gurevitz
2018-06-18 12:04:30 UTC
Hi Andreas,

I created a new cluster in hosts. When I assigned my active check (run from the local check_mk server), it tried to send the HOSTNAME of the cluster to the python script below. That did not work as the HOSTNAME is not real. I thought check_slick.py would run on ALL servers in the cluster and if at least one host replied, it would be placed on the cluster and not the hosts.

Eric Gurevitz <***@qti.qualcomm.com<mailto:***@qti.qualcomm.com>> schrieb am Do., 14. Juni 2018 um 16:43 Uhr:
Hi All,

I wrote an active check that runs from the check_mk server:

check_slick.py -H $HOSTNAME$ -P 27102

I made a WATO rule to assign this to the 3 license servers. It works.

I cannot find how to add my active check to a cluster. Is this possible?

Thank you,
Eric

Eric Gurevitz
IT Engineer, Staff
X530818
Mobile: +972-52-593-7432<tel:+972%2052-593-7432>