[Check_mk (english)] Barracuda WAF monitoring
Shrikanth Kumar
2018-06-12 08:32:47 UTC
Team,

We do not have barracuda waf plugins in chk mk, I want to monitor parameters of WAF in chk mk for CPU , memory etc , I tried after uploading mib files. Still not able to see the monitors for interface and, uptime

Regards,
Shrikanth R
M:+91-9703055557

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message and is intended only for the use of the addressee.
If you are not the addressee, or person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you should not copy or deliver
this to anyone else. If you receive this message by mistake, please delete the message from any/all computer/s and
notify the sender immediately by reply Email. We appreciate your assistance in preserving the confidentiality of our
correspondence. Any information in this message that does not relate to the official business of the organization
shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. Please advise immediately if you or your employer
does not consent to Internet Email for messages of this kind. Thank you. (HCID0411)
Andreas Döhler
2018-06-12 08:44:41 UTC
A little bit more explanation what you want to do would be nice.
If you try to monitor with SNMP then you don't need to upload any MIB files.

For new SNMP devices not know by check_mk you need to write a small plugin
--> https://mathias-kettner.de/checkmk_devel_snmpbased.html
The documentation link is a little bit old but gives a good first
impression what to do.

best regards
Andreas
Post by Shrikanth Kumar
Team,
We do not have barracuda waf plugins in chk mk, I want to monitor
parameters of WAF in chk mk for CPU , memory etc , I tried after uploading
mib files. Still not able to see the monitors for interface and, uptime
Regards,
Shrikanth R
M:+91-9703055557 <+91%2097030%2055557>
------------------------------
Andreas Döhler
2018-06-12 09:01:55 UTC
As i said before - upload of mib file brings nothing for your problem - you
must write your own snmp check.
The mib file is for you to find the right OID's to query in your own check.

More important what version of check_mk do you use?
Inside 1.4.0p.. is already a barracuda CPU check included. This one you can
take as an example for the other things you want to know.

barracuda_mail_latency
barracuda_mailqueues
barracuda_system_cpu_util

These three checks can be found on your system. If it is supplying the
right OIDs

best regards
Andreas
Hi Andreas,
Thanks you so much for the email.
I want to monitor CPU usage ,memory usage for barracuda web application
firewall. We got MIB files from vendor. They asked me to upload in Chkmk
tool.
I added it through CLI.
I cannot see still the required monitors . Please help.
Regards,
shrikanth