[Check_mk (english)] R: Graphing with existing rrd data
Jason Lytle
2017-12-20 22:44:10 UTC
Hi I know this old but wanted to ask if anyone ellse has encountered a
problem I seem to have with existing OMD and Graphios.

When I setup Graphios on a new OMD site, it always works without issue.
When I setup Graphios on an existing OMD site, I can't seem to get the copy
from pnp4nagios spool dir to graphios spool dir to work.

I'm pretty sure this is an npcd/nagios issue and not a graphios issue.
In the pnp4nagios spool dir I see the files get moved to same file +.$TIME$
but then it seems the spool dir is cleared before the copy command can copy
files to the graphios spool dir.

# I don't see in the logs where this move command is executed and the && cp
command is not executed (or if it is I can't find an error).

/omd/sites/*/etc/pnp4nagios/nagios_npcd.cfg

command_line /bin/mv /omd/sites/devomd/var/pnp4nagios/host-perfdata
/omd/sites/devomd/var/pnp4nagios/spool/host-perfdata.$TIMET$ && cp
/omd/sites/devomd/var/pnp4nagios/spool/host-perfdata.$TIMET$
/omd/sites/devomd/var/graphios/spool/

I have gotten it to work on an existing OMD installation but for the life
of me I can't figure out why it works on that one and not another one.

If anyone has seen this before or if you have an idea why pnp4nagios clears
the spool before the && cp command can run (or maybe this file doesn't get
used at all) I would appreciate it :)

thanks everyone
go OMD!
-Jason

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 5:19 PM, Craig Cook via checkmk-en <
Seeing as check_mk collects rrd data and manages to display simple graphs
is it possible to have something like grafana read in this rrd data and
display some nice shiny graphs.
Anyone have any experience in doing such a thing?
Close. I used this: https://github.com/shawn-sterling/graphios
<https://github.com/shawn-sterling/graphios>
It does not extract data from the RRD but uses the same data. i.e. metrics
are sent to RRD and graphios at the same time. Graphios sends it to
graphite, which grafana uses.
Craig
*Jason Lytle*

Sr. Systems Engineer

Interactions LLC

o: (774) 235-0151

***@interactions.com

www.interactions.com

This e-mail and any of its attachments may contain Interactions LLC
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
copyright belonging to the Interactions LLC. This e-mail is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you
are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to
the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of
this e-mail and any printout. Thank You.