[Check_mk (english)] BGP IPv6 objects in Arista BGP MIB
Steve Moulton
2017-12-15 16:07:03 UTC
Greetings,

I have a requirement to monitor BGP peers for both IPv4 and IPv6
addresses.   The bgp peer state check from the Check_MK exchange is good
as far as it goes, but it only covers the standard BGP mib (which does
not have IPv6 address capability).  There is a v2 mib that appears to be
stalled in the standardization process that contains IPv6 addressing,
and Arista has implemented this mib within the enterprise space.

Before I recode the plugin to pull objects from a separate MIB, I wanted
to see if anyone has done something in this space that they may be
willing to share?

  - Steve
--
Steve Moulton Unix/Linux Systems Engineer
Compute and Data Environment for Science, ADWG, NCCS
Voice: 865-574-9609 Fax: 865-576-7605 moultonsa at ornl dot gov
Arno Wijnhoven
2017-12-18 10:41:00 UTC
The default script for Juniper (juniper_bgp_state) shows IPv6 entries out-of-the-box although the formatting isn't optimal - it shows the full BGP entry, not the IPv6 address. I modified this in the script; the IPv6 entries are replaced by readable IPv6 strings followed by the name+AS of the peering partner.

Apparently the IPv4 and IPv6 entries are in the same place on Juniper devices, so I don't think this is of any use to you.
Still, perhaps the original juniper_bgp_state is helpful for reference if you don't find any solution that suits you.

Arno.