[Check_mk (english)] Plotting delta-values
Dmitry Makovey
2017-12-16 05:40:48 UTC
while it's fairly straight forward to provide straight performance data
for plotting/graphing by check_mk, I can't find information on how to
plot delta values.

My case is /proc/self/mountstats xprt field - it's a comulative field
which will be always growing over time. What I need to plot is deltas
between last measurement and next. Do I need to "invent" some method of
preserving and comparing data or can check_mk do it?
Sr System and DevOps Engineer SoM IRT
Robert Sander
2017-12-16 14:42:41 UTC
Post by Dmitry Makovey
My case is /proc/self/mountstats xprt field - it's a comulative field
which will be always growing over time. What I need to plot is deltas
between last measurement and next. Do I need to "invent" some method of
preserving and comparing data or can check_mk do it?
This is a counter. Working with counters is explained here:

https://mathias-kettner.de/checkmk_devel_counters.html

You need to use get_rate() in your check plugin. This only works in
Check_MK check plugins that handle agent data. This function is not
available for Nagios plugins or local checks.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Support GmbH

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,
GeschÀftsfÌhrer: Peer Heinlein -- Sitz: Berlin