[Check_mk (english)] agent_vsphere problem since upgrade v1.4.0p35 -> v1.4.0p37
Jan Kašpar
2018-11-16 08:03:27 UTC
Hello,

after upgrading CMK 1.4.0.p35 to p37 esx agent stopped working.

Service discovery:

*Service discovery failed for this host*: Agent exited with code 1: Error
while processing received data

Retry discovery while ignoring this error (Result might be incomplete).
<https://monitoring.bluedynamic.cz/BLUED/check_mk/wato.py?_scan=&amp;amp=&amp;folder=blued/esxi_hw&amp;host=vcenter.blued.cz&amp;ignoreerrors=1&amp;mode=inventory>

Monitoring:

Agent exited with code 1: Error while processing received data

Thank you

Jan
Dollemore, Mark (London)
2018-11-16 09:18:22 UTC
Hi Jan,

This looks very similar to the problem I encountered, but cant tell for sure based on the info provided.

Please try the following;-

Modify the following line in agent_vsphere;

From this;-
output("Version: %.1f" % systeminfo["apiVersion"])

to this;-
output("Version: %.1f" % float(systeminfo["apiVersion"]))

Regards

Mark

after upgrading CMK 1.4.0.p35 to p37 esx agent stopped working.

Service discovery:

Service discovery failed for this host: Agent exited with code 1: Error while processing received data

Retry discovery while ignoring this error (Result might be incomplete).<https://monitoring.bluedynamic.cz/BLUED/check_mk/wato.py?_scan=&amp;amp=&amp;folder=blued/esxi_hw&amp;host=vcenter.blued.cz&amp;ignoreerrors=1&amp;mode=inventory>

Monitoring:

Agent exited with code 1: Error while processing received data

Thank you

Jan

This email has been sent by a member of the Man group (“Man”). Man’s parent company, Man Group plc, is registered in England and Wales (company number 08172396) at Riverbank House, 2 Swan Lane, London, EC4R 3AD.
The contents of this email are for the named addressee(s) only. It contains information which may be confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy this email and any attachments and do not otherwise disclose or use them. Email transmission is not a secure method of communication and Man cannot accept responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of this email or any attachments. Whilst Man makes every effort to keep its network free from viruses, it does not accept responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of this email or any attachments. This email does not constitute a request, offer, recommendation or solicitation of any kind to buy, subscribe, sell or redeem any investment instruments or to perform other such transactions of any kind. Man reserves the right to monitor, record and retain all electronic and telephone communications through its network in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.

During the course of our business relationship with you, we may process your personal data, including through the monitoring of electronic communications. We will only process your personal data to the extent permitted by laws and regulations; for the purposes of ensuring compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and internal policies; and for managing client relationships. For further information please see our Privacy Notice: https://www.man.com/privacy-policy
Tomaszewski, Marek Tomasz (FIFA)
2018-11-16 10:37:16 UTC
I had exactly the same issue with VMware 6.0.0. check_mk p36 is fine but p37 not.
I will be able to update and test next week. If someone is able to confirm that the solution is correct that would be nice ☺

Regards
Marek

[...]

DISCLAIMER
The information in this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and/or privileged and intended only for use by the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail and/or any attachments or if you have received this e-mail and/or any attachments by mistake or accidentally, please notify the sender immediately, delete this e-mail and any attachments from your system, and do not disclose, or make copies of, such information. Any unauthorised use, copying, dissemination, distribution or disclosure of the information in this e-mail and any attachments is strictly forbidden.

E-mails may be intercepted, altered or read by unauthorised persons. Accordingly, no (contractual) obligations may be imposed on FIFA as a result of an undertaking contained in an e-mail. We further recommend that you use regular mail, courier services or facsimile transmission for any information intended to be of a confidential nature. However, please note that by sending us messages via e-mail, we will be given to understand that you authorise and instruct us to correspond by e-mail in the relevant matter, unless the use of e-mails is not permitted according to FIFA regulations.