[Check_mk (english)] Not getting support after Pre-paying for it
Scott Golby
2018-06-19 16:30:42 UTC
Anyone else having this problem.

Last year we pre-paid Check_MK company 3,840 € for 96 support credits on top of the License for 60,000 monitors €4,400.
The support has been so slow to non-existent we have used just 30 of the 96 credits over the year.

In February we asked for a feature update, and was stunningly told we wouldn’t even get a Quote until May. May came and went and we didn’t hear anything from Check_MK.

Christopher Cox
Jan Justus
2018-06-19 18:03:57 UTC
Scott,

it is unfortunate, that this now is being discussed in the mailing list
as its purpose is for the community to help each other. Ideally, we
solve problems like this in a personal way. However, I understand that
you felt you had no other choice. So let me make a brief comment here,
so that the rest of you doesn't wonder, where our statement is.

I am the new CEO of Mathias Kettner GmbH, having joined in March.

First of all, I am very sorry for the bad support experience you have
had with our company. I am working with the team to improve the support
that every single one of you deserves to get and has paid for. We are
hiring and improving processes - but we are not there yet, for sure.

Second, no, none of your credits will expire.

Thirdly, it seems to be very hard to get this point across communication
channels to you. Our support has made this point in the past, but I
understand you had an email issue. I sent you a long personal email last
Monday, 11 June, 7.16pm CET explaining this and also offered a call at
short notice to listen to your feedback and resolve these issue. Since
you did not reply I asked our developer responsible for your ticket to
include my email in the last ticket you were corresponding on - no
response.

I am not sure, if the problem is the email system, a firewall or
something else. You seem to get some emails, others not. Please send me
an email address that works, e.g. your private email, so I can resend
last week's email including my contact details and I hope we can resolve
this.

I also left you a voice mail in case you want to speak personally to
clear this up.

On another note for the mailing list: we are currently also working to
improve our community support. This will take some time, I ask for your
patience here.

Best regards,

Jan
Scott Golby
2018-06-19 19:16:49 UTC
Hi Jan,

I have found your email from June 11th, sorry for missing that I get a ton of emails, but

Here is original email from March 12th asking for the credits to be rolled over, I’ve sent over 10 emails in the 4 months since then and I gotten no positive response. Go an look at MK#52.

On the other hand Hanem has been able to hassle me for money *7 times* since just June 4th, there has not been an email issue with his Sales emails getting through. (nor any issue I’m aware of since April).
Sorry for missing your 1 email, I had no idea who you were and as Director I get hundreds of emails a week.

This is what Hanem sent to me this morning
“As far as I understood from Jan we are now up to date with the tickets and I see indeed that only one is still open.”.
There is no offer to roll over the credits in any of his 7 emails this month.
And to an English speaker “I understood from Jan we are now up to date” means this “since the *month of January* all of your problems have been resolved & we are up to date.” That’s pretty damn rude in English, as he’s been pushing this line that we could spend the €2,640 on 1 ticket *if we kept it open*, an insane concept which I firmly rejected 3 times in the last month.

And then this gem from him
“If you wish you can buy anytime a new package of credits, but we can not guarantee you that we can deliver new features.”

How could I possibly get the impression my credits had been rolled over from that? You want me to buy something and then you can’t guarantee you’ll deliver, errr, ok, how about No.

Maybe Hanem brings in the big $$$, but I’m not impressed with his ability to make a customer happy before holding his hand out for money.

Scott