[Check_mk (english)] Nagios version included in check_mk raw
Jolyon Brown
2017-03-14 11:24:37 UTC
Hi

Quick query about the Nagios version included with Check_MK raw - which I
think I'm correct in saying is version 3.5.0. Are there plans to update
this to version 4. whatever, or indeed is it different in the Enterprise
Edition?

I've a need to link the system here up with Splunk - one option is to use a
Splunk module which unfortunately requires Nagios Core at 4.X.

Regards

Jolyon

Founder, Limilo Ltd

www.limilo.com

Registered in England no: 07778174

Registered office: Netpark Incubator, Thomas Wright Way, Sedgefield, TS21
3FD

VAT no: 190425515
Jolyon Brown
2017-03-15 15:27:34 UTC
Hi list

I'll admit to being stuck with this particular query. Anyone have any ideas on the core version of Nagios included with Check_MK Raw vs Enterprise?

Happy to hear from anyone who has linked Check_MK and Splunk too!

Cheers

Jolyon
VAT no: 190425515
Andreas Döhler
2017-03-15 15:53:42 UTC
Hi Jolyon,

yes inside CRE you have Nagios 3.5.0 and Icinga 1.13
With Enterprise you will get as extra core the Check_MK micro core.

More important is the question how you want to link the system to splunk.
If you want to use this https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/352/ then it
should also work with the Nagios core integrated with CRE or. CEE as it is
using Livestatus to get the data.

Best regards
Andreas
Post by Jolyon Brown
[...]
Registered in England no: 07778174 <07778%20174>
Mathieu Levi
2017-03-15 16:33:51 UTC
Hi Andreas,

Tangentially: do you know if there are plans to update CMK to support
Nagiox 4.x any time soon as a core? I can imagine there must be a lot of
architecture rework of the product?

Matt
Andreas Döhler
2017-03-15 17:27:22 UTC
I don't think so. If you want a core like Nagios4 you should take a look at
the OMD builds from Consol (labs.consol.de) they include the Naemon core
(the real Nagios4) or the enterprise version of Check_MK as also a core
what uses the worker model like Nagios4.

But this discussion is more like a minefield :)

If you have a good reason why to select Nagios4 as a core please tell me.

Best regards
Andreas
Post by Mathieu Levi
Hi Andreas,
Tangentially: do you know if there are plans to update CMK to support
Nagiox 4.x any time soon as a core? I can imagine there must be a lot of
architecture rework of the product?
Matt
On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 11:53 AM, Andreas Döhler <