[Check_mk (english)] [1.4.0p36] Custom service note - Servicename containing a forward slash '/'
Arno Wijnhoven
2018-10-23 11:44:20 UTC
Hi list,

I'd like to have a note for an interface. I need to create some directories and a file containing the note - this part is clear.
Unfortunately the interface description contains a forward slash ('Interface ge-0/0/x') and I can't create a file containing a forward slash.
To my knowledge, there is no way to 'escape' this character.

Does anyone know how to do this?
Don't think it matters, but I'm running CentOS 7.

Met vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Arno Wijnhoven
Support SS7
VSN Systemen BV | Keizersveld 83 | 5803 AP Venray | Tel. +31 478 555058 | Email: ***@vsnsystemen.nl
Arno Wijnhoven
2018-10-23 13:00:38 UTC
I'm thinking about using the interface alias for these specific ports as this will solve my issue.
Unfortunately Check_MK sees this as a new interface, so I'll lose my old data for this interface.
Well, not actually lose the data - but the old data is not accessible from the 'renamed' interface.

I'll ask the customer when it's a good moment to switch to the aliases unless someone comes up with a better idea :)

Arno Wijnhoven

VSN Systemen BV | Keizersveld 83 | 5803 AP Venray | Tel. +31 478 555058 | Email: ***@vsnsystemen.nl<mailto:***@vsnsystemen.nl>