[Check_mk (english)] IP address of host not shown on Status of host details page on Multisite
Lízal Vladimír
2018-11-26 15:18:53 UTC
I am using check_mk Multisite with lots of Nagios slave sites and one experimental check_mk slave site.
When clicking on Site Status (displays list of monitored hosts) - clicking on Host,( displays list of services), clicking on host name above the services table, I get Status of host page, where Host address field is empty.
This worked in the past when I used Check_MK 1.2.x versions and Livestatus also in the 1.2 versions line.
It stopped working after upgrading to 1.4 and continues with 1.5 version of check_mk. Regardless of Livestatus versions.
Now I am using 1.5.0p7 version of check_mk on the Multisite master site and also compiled Livestatus 1.5.0p7 version (but older versions of Livestatus do the same). The slave sites are Debian (Jessie, Wheezy, Stretch on virtual machines and some Raspberry Pis) with Nagios 3.5.1 mostly.

Interesting fact is that with my testing check_mk slave site, this is the only site where IP address of the hosts are properly displayed.

I can send screenshots or whatever if necessary.

Vladimir
Andreas Döhler
2018-11-27 09:36:52 UTC
Hi Vladimir,

do you get some error messages or only empty field?
If it is only the empty field you can try the following.
When at the host status page - press the "Edit view" button on top and
scroll down to the section "Columns". There you search for "Host: Host
addresses" and change it to one of the other address fields.
You see there are many different address fields and in older Livestatus
versions there was only one i think.

The test your changed view if it is working.

Best regards
Andreas
Lízal Vladimír
2018-11-27 14:44:39 UTC
Thanks for you advice, the Host Address (Primary) solved my problem.
Once again, thanks for excellent product.

Best regards,