[Check_mk (english)] Summay views on large wall mounted TV
Dollemore, Mark (London)
2018-10-11 07:48:33 UTC
Hi all,

I have the requirement to display Check_MK Summary views on a large wall mounted TV, this is likely to be based on hostgroups/servicegroups and the count of states based on severity.

The display needs to be concise and clearly visible from a distance.

I am presently looking at whether Nagvis can provide what I am after, but would like to know what other people are using for this, any recommendations or advice most welcome.

Thanks

Mark

Mark Dollemore

Global Operations

***@man.com<mailto:***@man.com>

Tel +44 20 7144 3749

Mob 07762893260

[logo]

Man Group UK Limited |
Registered address: Riverbank House, 2 Swan Lane, London EC4R 3AD, United Kingdom
Registered in England and Wales no. 5856654
Visit us at: www.man.com<http://www.man.com>

This email has been sent by a member of the Man group (“Man”). Man’s parent company, Man Group plc, is registered in England and Wales (company number 08172396) at Riverbank House, 2 Swan Lane, London, EC4R 3AD.
The contents of this email are for the named addressee(s) only. It contains information which may be confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy this email and any attachments and do not otherwise disclose or use them. Email transmission is not a secure method of communication and Man cannot accept responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of this email or any attachments. Whilst Man makes every effort to keep its network free from viruses, it does not accept responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of this email or any attachments. This email does not constitute a request, offer, recommendation or solicitation of any kind to buy, subscribe, sell or redeem any investment instruments or to perform other such transactions of any kind. Man reserves the right to monitor, record and retain all electronic and telephone communications through its network in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.

During the course of our business relationship with you, we may process your personal data, including through the monitoring of electronic communications. We will only process your personal data to the extent permitted by laws and regulations; for the purposes of ensuring compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and internal policies; and for managing client relationships. For further information please see our Privacy Notice: https://www.man.com/privacy-policy
Thomas Wittmann
2018-10-11 10:51:40 UTC
Hi
i use several dashboards with the "globes" for host & service statistics &
others with mixed graphs in rotation on ~ 10 TVs
This works quite well and even from distance you can see the relation
OK(green) <-> orange(unknown) <-> warn(yellow) <-> crit(red)

BR
Thomas

Am Do., 11. Okt. 2018 um 09:49 Uhr schrieb Dollemore, Mark (London) <
Post by Dollemore, Mark (London)
Hi all,
I have the requirement to display Check_MK Summary views on a large wall
mounted TV, this is likely to be based on hostgroups/servicegroups and the
count of states based on severity.
The display needs to be concise and clearly visible from a distance.
I am presently looking at whether Nagvis can provide what I am after, but
would like to know what other people are using for this, any
recommendations or advice most welcome.
Thanks
Mark
Mark Dollemore
Global Operations
Tel +44 20 7144 3749
Mob 07762893260
[image: logo]
Dollemore, Mark (London)
2018-10-11 12:49:01 UTC
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for that idea, that could work, although I know there are some individuals where I work would complain that the globes are very 1980’s and want something a little cleaner and simpler. But I will give that a try and see how it looks.

Thanks again

Mark

Am Do., 11. Okt. 2018 um 09:49 Uhr schrieb Dollemore, Mark (London) <***@man.com<mailto:***@man.com>>:
[...]

During the course of our business relationship with you, we may process your personal data, including through the monitoring of electronic communications. We will only process your personal data to the extent permitted by laws and regulations; for the purposes of ensuring compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and internal policies; and for managing client relationships. For further information please see our Privacy Notice: https://www.man.com/privacy-policy<https://www.man.com/privacy-policy>
Vittore Zen
2018-10-11 13:07:06 UTC
Can you post some photos?

v.
Post by Thomas Wittmann
[...]
Servizi Informatici DB consorzio
Via dei Salesiani, 15 - 30174 Mestre (VE)
tel. 041.5498571 - cel. 328.7495724
https://www.consorzisdb.it/staff-ict <http://www.consorzisdb.it>
--
INFORMAZIONE PER IL RICEVENTE
    Le informazioni che sono contenute o
che accompagnano questa comunicazione potrebbero essere riservate, coperte
da segreto professionale, o altrimenti protette da altre restrizioni alla
loro divulgazione, e sono destinate esclusivamente alle persone alle quali
questa comunicazione é indirizzata. Se questa comunicazione non é
indirizzata a Voi, siete pregati di distruggerne tutte le copie in Vostro
possesso, di notificarci che avete ricevuto questa comunicazione per
errore, e di considerare che sono espressamente vietate la lettura, la
diffusione o la distribuzione totale o parziale di questa comunicazione,
nonché l'agire sulla base di (informazioni contenute in) questa
comunicazione.
    I messaggi di posta elettronica possono contenere virus
o altri difetti, possono non essere accuratamente riprodotti su altri
sistemi, o possono essere intercettati, cancellati o alterati senza che il
mittente o il destinatario ne vengano a conoscenza. ConsorziSDB declina
ogni responsabilitá in relazione a tali evenienze. Vogliate notare che
ConsorziSDB riserva il diritto di intercettare, monitorare e conservare,
nei limiti consentiti dalle disposizioni legislative o regolamentari
applicabili, messaggi di posta elettronica provenienti dai suoi sistemi o
ad essi destinati. Se non accettate i rischi associati con le comunicazioni
di posta elettronica, potreste scegliere di non utilizzare la posta
elettronica per comunicare con ConsorziSDB.
Thomas Wittmann
2018-10-12 10:03:16 UTC
Hi everyone
just have a look on the globes on the main site just right after you log in
(the "Main Overview".
You can edit this site and have a look on how the dashlets (one is called
"Host Statistics", one is called "Service Statistics") are configured.
Then create a dashboard, add a few on them and set the filters as you want.
It may seem a little clumsy at first, and yes, may seem a little old
fashioned, but from technical perspective its a quite good and clean
solution.
Also give aggregations a try, they can also be palced on a dashboard, but
are much harder to create.
Management always wants to see everything green i know ;-)

BR
Thomas

Am Fr., 12. Okt. 2018 um 11:19 Uhr schrieb Philippe Duthoit <
Is it possible to show an image of the result ?
I also need to make some planning on how to visualize the network status
on 3 display screens and I would like to impress a few people with a
possible result
If not possible no problem
Behalf Of *Thomas Wittmann
Simon Hogg
2018-10-12 15:56:13 UTC
We went down the route of writing a PHP/HTML/CSS webpage that shows all host problems on the left, and all service problems on the left. Green is good, yellow is warning, red is critical (blue is unknown).

Then we use a Pi or similar attached behind the screen that autoboots and opens the webpage and refreshes every 30 seconds. Seems to work quite nicely for us
but you do need to do a bit of coding. Here’s an example from now (nothing broken
so not super exciting I’m afraid):

https://ibb.co/noSLop

Simon

Simon Hogg
COO

EDIFICOM SA
Rue de la Vernie 12 | CH-1023 Crissier
T +41 21 313 23 13 | M +41 79 489 12 98
***@edificom.ch<mailto:***@edificom.ch> | www.edificom.ch<https://www.edificom.ch/>

[Loading Image...]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/edifice-communications-sa> [Loading Image...] <http://www.edificom.ch/blog> [Loading Image...] <https://www.facebook.com/edificom.ch> [Loading Image...] <https://twitter.com/edificom>

[...]

Error! Filename not specified.

Christopher Cox
2018-10-12 16:04:47 UTC
Depending... the All hosts (Mini) or All hosts (tiled) might be a good
option.
<https://www.edificom.ch/>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/edifice-communications-sa>
<http://www.edificom.ch/blog> <https://www.facebook.com/edificom.ch>