[Check_mk (english)] cisco_mem on Cisco ASR 9K
Andrea Gabellini
2018-09-26 09:05:31 UTC
hello,

I have to monitor few Cisco ASR 9001 with 8GB of memory. The cisco_mem
check works fine for all other Cisco devices, but not for ASR with more
than 4GB of memory. It read the memory used but calculate the percentage
as if it had a maximum of 4GB.

This document explain the behavior:
http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Monitoring_CPU_and_Memory_via_SNMP_-_ASR9K

It uses the same MIB as cisco_mem_asa64

Is there any updated plugin or a workaround?

Thanks,
Andrea
Owners of digital watches: Your day's are numbered!

Ing. Andrea Gabellini
Email: ***@telecomitalia.sm
Skype: andreagabellini
Tel: (+378) 0549 886111
Fax: (+378) 0549 886188

Telecom Italia San Marino S.p.A.
Via XXVIII Luglio, 212 - Piano -2
47893 Borgo Maggiore
Republic of San Marino

http://www.telecomitalia.sm
Andrea Gabellini
2018-10-19 09:39:32 UTC
Hello,

I didn't receive any response to my question. It's not clear or it is
totally bad? ;-)

Nobody are monitoring Cisco ASR 9001 devices?

Thanks,
Andrea
Post by Andrea Gabellini
hello,
I have to monitor few Cisco ASR 9001 with 8GB of memory. The cisco_mem
check works fine for all other Cisco devices, but not for ASR with more
than 4GB of memory. It read the memory used but calculate the percentage
as if it had a maximum of 4GB.
http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Monitoring_CPU_and_Memory_via_SNMP_-_ASR9K
It uses the same MIB as cisco_mem_asa64
Is there any updated plugin or a workaround?
Thanks,
Andrea
What's right isn't always popular, what's popular isn't always right.