[Check_mk (english)] CPU Usage Check_MK RAW 1.5.0p6
Chris Gregson
2018-10-24 15:48:14 UTC
Hi guys - I'm running Check_MK RAW 1.5.0p6 on a newly built VM running Ubuntu 18.04 with all updates applied. I'm currently monitoring 40 hosts and 1,700 services. I'm seeing CPU usage in ESXi 6.5 for the VM at around 2.5Ghz with some spikes. The VM has 2 vCPU's and 2GB RAM. Memory usage is around 500MB.

I'm just wondering if this is normal CPU usage for Check_MK or am I seeing some issues here? - I should mention that I am not using Hardware/Software inventory. I have set Check_MK Discovery to once every 12 hours.

If I check htop I see /omd/sites/Apollo/bin/python as the top CPU usage.

Many thanks
r***@ladle.net
2018-10-24 17:59:20 UTC
Post by Chris Gregson
Hi guys - I'm running Check_MK RAW 1.5.0p6 on a newly built VM
running Ubuntu 18.04 with all updates applied. I'm currently
monitoring 40 hosts and 1,700 services. I'm seeing CPU usage in
ESXi 6.5 for the VM at around 2.5Ghz with some spikes. The VM has 2
vCPU's and 2GB RAM. Memory usage is around 500MB.
Chris,

What sort of spikes? Are they only on the VMWare server, or on the VM
as well? I also see spikes on a test machine, with 40 hosts and 721
services. I only have one CPU on this VM, and I'm also at 1.5.0p6.

My 1 minute / 15 minute load average is 0.19 and 0.21, respectively.

Thanks,
Rob