[Check_mk (english)] suppress Downtime notifications?
Austin, Gordon
2018-11-26 15:27:22 UTC
Hi all. I have started setting Downtime on many hosts during a booking. The idea of course is to suppress notifications (about problems on those hosts) during the booking.
However, we still get two notification (email) per server, one for Downtime Start (UP) and one for Downtime End (UP).

Is there a way (preferably a built in option I've overlooked) to prevent these Downtime Start/End notifications?
They are partly defeating the purpose of Downtime.

Gord Austin
Arno Wijnhoven
2018-11-26 15:31:47 UTC
Hi Gord,

Best check your notification rules.
It could be you've got a checkmark at "Start or end of a scheduled downtime" in your notification rules.

Kind regards,

Arno Wijnhoven

Gord Austin
Paul Dott
Austin, Gordon
2018-11-26 15:36:24 UTC
Thanks for the details Jam (and others). Perfect.

Gord Austin