[Check_mk (english)] cmk plugin for ceph mimic broken
Dr. Maik Götte
2018-10-30 09:11:20 UTC
Hi all,

unfortunately I boasted CMK to be able to handle ceph natively with 1.5
while talking to one of our storage guys.
Now, we are using Mimic (version 13.X) of ceph and they changed the
output of "ceph df" in Mimic...:(
Now, (at least) the df check is broken. Has anyone already fixed that
(before I start patching the code)?
Officially I suggest using the json-option of ceph df like mentioned here:
https://github.com/ceph/ceph-nagios-plugins/issues/42
But this means patching the agent AND the check code.

Any thoughts?

Best regards
Maik
Dr. Maik Götte
2018-10-30 15:22:35 UTC
Hi all,

I felt like fixing the issue myself. If you are in need of tests working
with Mimic, (ab)use the files linked here:
https://hessenbox.uni-kassel.de/dl/fiRoyzHX3vriWmEWzCmask4G/ceph_new.zip

They should work with older versions of ceph, too, but I wasn't able to
test it.

Best regards
Maik
Robert Sander
2018-11-04 17:09:30 UTC
Our extension for monitoring Ceph uses the JSON output of the ceph
commands and works with Mimic:

https://github.com/HeinleinSupport/check_mk/tree/master/ceph

I do not know why the Check_MK team started to develop their own Ceph
checks

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Support GmbH

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,
GeschÀftsfÌhrer: Peer Heinlein -- Sitz: Berlin