[Check_mk (english)] Monitoring workstations
Duarte, Christopher via checkmk-en
2018-10-26 12:41:30 UTC
We have a network of over 500 workstations. I would like to begin monitoring workstations in order to capture metrics, and notify admins of specific problems (high cpu, low disk space, etc.), but I don't want to see the workstation appear under host problems when its turned off (no ping), or get email notifications when the machine is going up and down. We have a variety of users that power down their machines when not in use, and it doesn't necessarily indicate a problem.

I would like to be able to assign these settings to a host folder, so I can just put all workstations in a folder and not worry about individually categorizing each device. Is this possible? I've searched the internet thoroughly and cannot find a viable reference.

Christopher Duarte
Software Engineer

City of Middletown
245 deKoven Drive
Middletown, CT 06457

860.638.4992 office
860.614.6367 mobile
Paul Dott
2018-10-26 13:39:11 UTC
Yes, create a rule for 'Host Check Command' that sets this to 'Always
assume host to be Up' then assign it to the folder where your workstations
are located.