[Check_mk (english)] Monitoring Dell server disks and raid
Philip Parsons
2018-11-21 01:12:38 UTC
In searching I have found a post saying once you setup the host for SNMP you can use the dell_om_* service checks. Trying to get a bit more info what HOST the core server or the idrac ? Any hints or pointers to a doc for it ??

Thank you.
Philip Parsons
Arno Wijnhoven
2018-11-21 07:48:33 UTC
The checks work on both the RAC as the host. However, old Dell servers (let's say 2850 and older) don't supply much useful info from the RAC (except for fans).

The only thing you need to do, is install Dell OpenManage on your host and setup SNMP like usual.
After that, the Dell OIDs are available and Check_MK will pick them up automatically.

Kind regards,

Arno Wijnhoven

Philip Parsons
Christopher Cox
2018-11-21 15:56:26 UTC
Depending on your host (e.g. Linux) I had to add:
# Allow Systems Management Data Engine SNMP to connect to snmpd using SMUX
smuxpeer .1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.1
Philip Parsons
2018-11-22 00:46:13 UTC
OK so I have figured it out.

Host is the Server not the idrac. Mine are windows server 2016 you just have to install the SNMP service and configure it to allow from your check_mk server and all the check work great. Nice to be able to see the status of the drives and memory modules and the fans etc etc etc