[Check_mk (english)] query historical data
Stephane C. A. Pelhatre
2018-10-19 09:30:49 UTC
I use check-mk 1.5 CRE edition.
Is there any solution to query historical data?
I would like to get CPU % in a specific past time range.
Of course I have graphic report and export of the graph to PDF but I would like to retrieve values.
The goal is to aggregate CPU values with indicators generated by other systems.

Regards
Join our #WithRefugees<http://www.unhcr.org/refugeeday/petition/> campaign
Sign the petition today
Bastian Kuhn
2018-10-19 09:52:25 UTC
Hi Stephane,

what you can do is query Livestatus for the historical RRD information.
But of course this will just give you the Averages. Besides the RRDs, there is no
way to get this kind of historical data out of the monitoring, since the log only stores Status changes.
If you need such kind data on a regular base, an external tool like Grafana would be a good idea.

---
Bastian Kuhn

Beratung und Entwicklung

JÀcklinstr. 7 - 81735 MÌnchen
Tel: 0160 7507827
***@bastian-kuhn.de
https://bastian-kuhn.de
Hi,
Vidmantas Rinkevičius
2018-10-19 09:57:35 UTC

I am facing issue I need monitoring CISCO SW L2 and L3  but I need to
have statistics about total interface traffic. For example how much
traffic passed thru  F0/1 in a week, day.

Any ideas if it is possible with check mk?

V.
Mäkelä, Antti
2018-10-19 10:43:18 UTC
You can define a custom graph and change Graph options to "Bytes per day" to get aggregates. No "week" option though.
--
- Dr. Antti Mäkelä | Senior Architect | CCIE #20962 -
- Vintor Oy, Itsehallintokuja 6, 02600 Espoo | www.vintor.fi -