[Check_mk (english)] Check-mk Installation - wget and yum errors on installation of check-mk
Sven Willemen
2018-10-19 15:55:22 UTC
Hello guys,

A new kid on the block here – so learning a lot.

I stumble upon the same issue again and again, using various online tutorials. I’m using CentOS 7 and this tutorials: https://spearhead.systems/blog/Tutorial_how_to_install_Check_Mk/ and http://blog.kevintijssen.eu/how-to-install-check_mk-on-centos-7/

In both case there is a sudo yum install command or a sudo wget command involved to install check-mk. It refers in both tutorials to specific versions – in both versions it gives me a error 404:

Wget error
[cid:***@01D467D5.0088D750]

Yum error
[cid:***@01D467D5.0088D750]
‘Package not available’

Regardless of the versions i use. The current version is listed in the two screenshots above – if i use the versions in the tutorials, the same errors appear.

So, what is going wrong?

Thanks in advance

Verzonden vanuit Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> voor Windows 10
Paul Dott
Paul Dott
Marius Pana
2018-10-20 11:14:41 UTC
Hi Sven,

Try using the command 'curl -O <URL>' instead of wget. This seems to work for us quite well:

curl -O https://mathias-kettner.de/support/1.5.0p6/check-mk-raw-1.5.0p6-el7-38.x86_64.rpm

Cheers,
Marius
On 19 Oct 2018, at 18:55, Sven Willemen <***@outlook.com<mailto:***@outlook.com>> wrote:

Hello guys,

A new kid on the block here – so learning a lot.

I stumble upon the same issue again and again, using various online tutorials. I’m using CentOS 7 and this tutorials: https://spearhead.systems/blog/Tutorial_how_to_install_Check_Mk/ andhttp://blog.kevintijssen.eu/how-to-install-check_mk-on-centos-7/

In both case there is a sudo yum install command or a sudo wget command involved to install check-mk. It refers in both tutorials to specific versions – in both versions it gives me a error 404:

Wget error
<C2FACBE4360343499AFCC617A85DD991.png>

Yum error
<5DDB759B2C8042AB802FEE7E0F2AC4BD.png>