[Check_mk (english)] Cronjob style monitoring
Benjamin Henrion
2014-01-17 10:12:46 UTC

I want to execute a command on a host that I monitor once a day during
the night, like here:

http://osdir.com/ml/network.nagios.user/2002-10/msg01054.html

The only stuff that I found was to specify an interval to a check, but
that does not fix the time at which it is gonna be executed.

Any idea how to do that with check_mk?

Best,

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-4148403
democratically elected legislators."
Trautmann, Jan
2014-01-17 10:31:54 UTC
Hello,

give NSCA and send_nsca a try and build an Cronjob / Script which execute the command on the host. And setup the service as classical Nagios Check with check freshness without commandline.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with best regards

Jan Trautmann

Starkstrom - Gerätebau GmbH
OI / Serveradministrator
Ohmstrasse 10
D-93055 Regensburg
GERMANY

Tel: +49 (0)941/7841 203
Mobil: 01742477288

The only stuff that I found was to specify an interval to a check, but that does not fix the time at which it is gonna be executed.
Any idea how to do that with check_mk?
Best,
--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-4148403 "In July 2005, after several failed attempts to legalise software patents in Europe, the patent establishment changed its strategy.
Instead of explicitly seeking to sanction the patentability of software, they are now seeking to create a central European patent court, which would establish and enforce patentability rules in their favor, without any possibility of correction by competing courts or democratically elected legislators."
Starkstrom – Gerätebau GmbH - Management Board: Johann Hörandner (chairman) - Jochen Fischer - Stefan Hausberger - Registered Office: Regensburg - Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Regensburg HRB 1228 - VAT ID No.: DE133709418 – TAX ID No.: 244/116/20286